DPS Dhanbad is one of the best stocked-library in the city.
With over 10000 + books and magazines, DPS Dhanbad provides ample opportunity to students to upgrade their knowledge through a wide range of books on every possible subject
The school library is open to all bonafide students of the school during the school hours. All classes (VI-XII) are provided with at least one library period per week. General rules of the library for all students using the library facility anytime.
- They must carry a library Card duly signed by the librarian. Books are issued only against this card. Card. Students of classes VI, VII, VIII are issued one borrwer’s card. Students of IX, X, XII are issued two borrowers cards each.
- Students are allowed to borrow books on their cards only.
- The must maintain absolute silence in the library.
- Books other than reference books are issued for l4 days. Fine @ Rs. 5/-per day will charged for returning books late.
- Books marked, disfigured or damaged will have to be replaced or paid by the borrower along with fine.
- The library has an open shelf system and students must help to maintain order and organization in different shelves.They must put the books on the tables after consultation and not just anywhere on the shelves.
- Students are not allowed to bring personal books.
- Rs. 10/- will be charged for issue of duplicate library card.
- If the student wishes to keep a book for a longer time, they have to get it re-issued.The books may be re-issued for second time, if that book does not have any demand.
- If any reference books are required by the students, they must get the books through the concerned teachers or the class teachers.The books will be issued in the name of the teacher and then given to students.